Dear MacKay family,
I am very happy to e-mail you. I am Elder Ekaette, Elder Mackay companion. I am from Nigeria. and I am so delighted to have Elder MacKay as my companion. He is a good missionary. He has strengthen me in all missionary aspects. He love me very well. I love him too. He is a good teacher.
Since i have been born, i have not not stayed with a white man before. so when i informed that i am going to stay with a white man i am very shocked. because I did not learn how to use American tongue by speaking. So as i came, it was not how I think. So everything is possible. And I realize that if a man propose something that is not good God oppose it. So I love him so much. He feed me with the gospel of Jesus Christ, and I feed him food.
For the first day that I met him in the field, I was thinking of my home. So, he console me with the scriptures. I am now been perfect than before. I know that he is my brother. and i will learn wisdom from him by obeying the rules. And I like the family that he came from. The family is a righteous family. They have taught him and show him a righteous way.
So, I know that God live and Jesus Christ is the Son of God. I know that He will guide us safely home. Till we finish our mission successfully in 2011!! and return with honor with a current certificate signed by mission president.
Please, keep on praying for us. I love you all, and your son, Elder MacKay. I know that this life is a time for men to prepare to meet God, according to alma ch. 34:32. I know that there is a blessing in the missionary work when we forsake everything and come unto Him and serve Him with all our hearts we will gain a blessing and eternal life from God according to Matthew 19:29. Thanks for cooperation in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
Love, Elder Ekaette
